March 7, 2011:
Pursuant to the One and Two Character Name registry services request filed by Afilias with respect to the .INFO registry, and posted at http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep as approved by the ICANN Board of Directors, Afilias hereby announces, effective today, the opening a submission period for the allocation of 1 and 2 character .INFO domain names (the "RFP"). As part of the RFP, Afilias is accepting proposals from parties that wish to register one of the domain names subject to the Program ("Proposals"). Proposals shall be evaluated on the manner in which the applicant proposes to enhance the .INFO brand through its use of the domain name. Afilias is committed to the long-term development of the .INFO TLD, and the RFP is designed to identify qualified applicants with the best potential and capabilities to maximize the development of a domain name of interest, and thereby enhance the .INFO brand.
Note that the two-character country codes on the ISO3166 list are not eligible.
To submit an application:
- All applicants should fill out the application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please e-mail your completed application form, in .PDF format, to: 1and2-RFP@afilias.info
- Print out a hard copy of your application, and make sure you have completed sections 4.0 and 5.0. Mail the hard copy to:
c/o Afilias USA, Inc.
300 Welsh Road, Bldg 3, Ste. 105
Horsham, PA 19044 USA
Attn: 1and2-character RFP
- A US$1,000.00 application fee shall be charged to each application. This fee is non-refundable. Please enclose a check or postal money order with the printed version on your application, payable to "Afilias Limited."
- The deadline for receipt of all applications (both your electronic and print versions) is 12:00 UTC on 30 April 2011. Afilias reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject proposals that are received after the submission deadline or are deficient or incomplete.
Please see the application form for all details and terms.